When you connect in the Windscribe app, you will see the application change in a few different ways.
- The big ON switch will be toggled to the ON position
- You will also see it say ON in the top-left corner
- The application will turn a blue color instead of the grey color when disconnected
- You will notice the IP change
You can also do your own IP check to validate that the VPN is enabled:
- You can check to see if your IP address before you turn on your VPN is the same as after it is on.
- You can find your device's IP address by going to a site like https://ipinfo.io/
- There you can compare your IP address with your VPN on and with it off.
- Make sure your VPN is off first, then take down the IP address.
- Then turn on your VPN, let it connect to the server, and refresh the IP check page to see the difference.
At this point, you should be seeing a different IP address and not your personal IP